Friday, December 30, 2016

Random Gift Exchange Java Program

This is something fun that I wrote that I wanted to share. My wife and I celebrated Christmas at her parents' house. Since the family is all moved out and is continually growing, we each buy one gift for another person.

I thought it would be cool to create a quick program that makes random assignations. I wrote it in Java, and made it runnable via Eclipse or the Command Line. If I wanted to elaborate on it more, I would have gotten user input for the names instead hard-coding it in. I would have made it a web app with a nice interface. I also would make it not assign immediate family members. (ie child won't have to get present for adult parent or fellow child sibling)

 Here's my source code, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment