Monday, December 26, 2016

Website Revamp!



I've finished school, and just got a new job, so it was time to revamp my website! I spent a lot on my old design, but it was lacking in some areas, and had too much irrelevant information in others. The central message of my old design was, "I'm almost done with college, I coded a lot of cool projects in school, I have lots of internship experience, hire me!" I tried to minimalize personal details about my life to focus on relevant info that might get me hired.


I love my new job, and I anticipate on staying there for a while (there's so much to learn). So I wanted to make my new design say, "I am a professional, I'm involved in some cool projects, I do fun things outside of work, and you should hire me to be your freelancer/consultant."

Initially I wanted it to be very minimalist, but give it a more personal flair. Maybe a picture of myself, a quick blurb, and a couple of links. But, after rummaging through dozens of designs, there were too many features lacking in all the examples that I saw, many were focused towards web designers. While I enjoy web design, and I have pretty good experience, I'm not an expert, and I don't have any glitzy projects in my repertoire. In the end I decided to just keep the same layout, but modify the content, and move around some things.

I updated which projects that I wanted to promote in my portfolio. I included a Fantom and SkySpark project for the first time in my portfolio. I've become quite good in the past 3+ years in ETC Group in SkySpark related technologies, and I want to continue to specialize in that area.

I also included a comprehensive of my personal sites in my personal section.

Give it a look and let me know what you think!

http://darylbennett.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment